Federal Grants for a Married Couple With No Children

Several federal agencies provide grants to families with no children to help with their daily living expenses. Most programs require that the family meet low-income limit requirements to qualify for help. Grants are available to assist with housing payments or food. Military families have special programs that help to pay for education, car payments or other household expenses.

Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program

    The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program helps homeless families and those at-risk of losing their homes pay for household expenses. The couple's income cannot exceed 50 percent of the area's median income to qualify for up to 18 months of rent and utility payments. The grant can go toward six months of delinquent payments. The couple must provide documentation that they have experienced a financial hardship. An eviction or foreclosure notice is also required.

USA Cares

    USA Cares provides grants to post 9/11 active duty military service members. The Warrior Treatment Today Program helps service members who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder or brain injury pay their household expenses while they attend residential treatment. The couple's rent, or a mortgage, and utilities are eligible uses of the grant funds. All the branches of service are eligible for assistance. The service member must have a Iraq- or Afghanistan-war-related injury and has already been accepted into a rehabilitation center to qualify for help.

Emergency Food Assistance Program

    The U.S. Department of Agriculture provides $80 million annually in funding for the Emergency Food Assistance Program. The USDA works with states and nonprofit agencies to distribute the food to income-qualified households. The married couple must be in the low-income limit level to qualify for the food program. Canned and dried fruits, pasta, peanut butter, meat and poultry are provided at no cost. Senior couples who qualify for TEFAP may also qualify for the Nutrition Service Incentive Program. This program provides meal specifically to low-income seniors.

Scholarship Program

    The Air Force Association provides scholarships for Air Force spouses to earn a degree. To qualify for a scholarship, the spouse must be serving active duty in the Air Force, Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve. Scholarships of $2,500 are provided to help with the cost of tuition, books, transportation or child care. The spouse pursuing higher education must have a 3.5 minimum GPA score and be enrolled in a degree program. Those who have not enrolled in a college must provide an acceptance letter from the school. Spouses can only be awarded the scholarship once.

simple credit repair software


Post a Comment